Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm Back!


Hello Banana Followers. I am back from the Little League World Series! Yes my son played on the Urbandale team that went. My husband Scott was the coach and we had the best time. We won a game, something that Iowa has not done in 15 years so it was pretty amazing. I have so many pictures and news paper clippings that I am going to scrap right away. I just had to share this picture with you. Not very good as it's scanned in, but it's the only one I have of them together in uniform. Hope some of you took a minute to watch a game.
Now on to the Banana Split Challenge. This week its Stripes and Dots. Just use stripes or dots on your card. I used double sided paper so that made this grandparents day card real easy. i also used a 2RB stamp set called Stg. Chicken that I just love.
Have a great Labor Day.

6 comments:

Danni said...

Very fun card!!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Teresa - oh, how neat - I watched the little league world series and remember seeing your son and husband (the game when they played Washington and came back to win was great). All the players did such an awesome job and I am so proud of them all. It was a blast watching them play and can't wait to watch again next year.

Glad you are home safe and sound. Have a great Sunday

Deb said...

What an amazing experience! Memories for a LIFEtime, made even more special by the fact that your two guys were in it together! SO cool!

Love your patriotic chicken card and the way you stitched under the sentiment! Those chickens are still some of my favs!

Wendy said...

Welcome Back! Glad you had such a good time, it must have been a pretty cool experience for you and your family.

Very cute card. I love those chickens!

Jeanette - said...

I'm so excited for all of you and so proud of your boys! They did a great job representing us! Your card is adorable! I love the stitching!!

Dawn B. said...

This must have been so fun. I bet you have some great pictures and wonderful memories. I love this card. Great job.