Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Banana Split Challenge

I'm taking the Banana Split Sunday Challenge again this week. It's a color challenge to use blue, white, and silver. I used the Jan. Journaling Block 2 (it's on sale) from 2RB for this card. It's a little hard to see but I did stamp the snowflake with silver and used a stardust pen to fill in the heart. I also pleated my ribbon at the top of the mitten and I don't know that I will do that again. I used a lot of glue dots to hold it down before sewing. Does anyone know of a better way to accomplish this look without using so much glue? You can't use pins to hold your ribbon down.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute card. Teresa! I like your ribbon:) I can't really give you any pointers, though, as I have never done that.

Jeanette - said...

Teresa - this is so sweet! I LOVE the pleated ribbon, but I don't have any suggestions on the glue.

Peggy said...

Teresa, your cards are adorable! So glad to finally find you on line. Thought I caught a few glimpses of you in Williamsport when the games were on TV. What an excitiing experience for you guys. Hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch. I miss working with you.

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute. I just love mittens. I kind of have a fetish about them..I would own a whole bunch if I could..This is perfect for the challenge.