Friday, June 3, 2011

UTE

Today I participated in the Papertrey Make It Monday Challenge. The challenge was to use ultra thick embossing powder and apply three layers and then ink. I think it turned out pretty cool. I just knew I needed to use it on the friendship jar to make a pretty pink lemonade. I didn't have a pretty pink ink so I stamped with ink and then stamped again with versamark to emboss. This was my first time using the UTE and I think it turned out okay. I definitely need practice because the first time I did it my paper turned brown, too much heat I think. You can click on the card to see my cracks better. On the inside of the card I'm putting, "When life gives you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over." I have a friend who found out her employer is closing so I thought this would be a fun pick me up card for her.


4 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I gotta get that friendship jar from PTI!!! Great interpretation. What a great friend you are - to your friend!!! ;)

Cyndie said...

What a cool idea to make a "cracked" jar! And I like the recipe inside, too!

Heather Rogers said...

So cute! I love the jar sets from PTI. :)

It is still hot here, but the humidity is half of what it is in Iowa so it is a lot more tolerable.

momlovesbug said...

What a great card! I love it. Good color choice, love the idea. You will have to show me how that UTE works.