Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Journaling & Quotes




Today for the sneak peak at 2RedBananas we have two stamp sets. The first is a journaling block shaped like a kite for March. I had a lot of fun with this stamp. On my card I stamped it and then stitched the tail and then I decided I might as well stitch the entire kite. I was pleased with the way it turned out. When I saw the stamp I immediately thought of a picture of my son I had taken six years ago in Rhode Island at a kite flying park. I dug the picture out and it work perfect. He looks so little then, but I guess he was only six or seven.
The second stamp set is four quotes. I made this green and orange card using my favorite quotes in the set. The paper/tag is new from My Minds eye and you can also get that at the banana store. I used a souffle pen to trace around the flowers stitching and then used it again as a border.
It was fun working with these stamp sets thinking about spring. If you want to see more quotes and ideas stop off at Maraya & Jenette's blogs. Also don't forget to participate in the challenge. Remember, these stamps will be available on March 2nd at 2RedBananas.


5 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your cards and layout. The card with the big flower is really awesome (I just made a card with that same quote, and ordered those papers from 2RB). I love how you stitched around the kite, too.

Cassie said...

very fun!!! love how you used the kite on the first card and the little details there!!

Maraya said...

Your cards and layout are great! I love the card with the big flower and quote. The colors are so pretty and what a perfect stamp for your kite page!

Jeanette - said...

Jake looks so little in those pictures! I LOVE your projects for today! I also love the printing inside the kite, is it acetate?

America said...

adorable projects! love the little touches! your puppy card of gunther is FANTASTIC-I LOVE IT!!!perfect dp for it!!!